If you are suffering from shoulder pain, stiffness or instability then consider Physiotherapy.
The majority of shoulder problems can be helped once the cause has been discovered.
Common symptoms to look out for:
- Problems sleeping due to shoulder pain
- Difficult to get your arm in the sleeve of a coat or reach behind you
- Pain on reaching above your head
- Pain on awkward movements
Our team of Chartered Physiotherapists and Osteopaths will spend the initial one-hour consultation identifying the root of the problem and discussing the best treatment options for your particular situation. You will be advised how long the injury may take to get better and what you can do to aid recovery. A course of treatment may be suggested or we may write to your GP or shoulder consultant to request their help with further investigations or medication. We have excellent local shoulder consultants with whom we work very closely.
The shoulder problem may be due to any one or a combination of the issues below:
- Adhesive capsulitis or “frozen shoulder”
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Rotator cuff tears or tendinopathy
- Referred pain from your neck
- Muscle weakness
- Muscular trigger point referral
- Direct trauma with fracture/dislocation
These will always include prescribed home exercises to regain full movement and strength as well as advice on good postures for working and sleeping.
Clinic treatment may include massage, joint mobilisation, functional movement restoration, taping, electrotherapy, careful explanation and reassurance.